My Blogs Title

MY BLOGS

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Banana, Cranberry, Carrot and Honey Mini Muffins - Healthy and Low-Fat


Once again my fruit bowl is full of ripe bananas waiting for me!! So I started search for some healthy breakfast muffins. I found this recipe from Food Blogga by Susan C. Russo who is a Blogger, Author and a Freelance Writer. I fell in love with the healthy ingredients that she used in making this recipe and decided to make this mini muffins with a little twist and also to make use of my pantry. So linking this recipe to the Wednesday's Blog Hop, hosted by Radhika of Ticking Palates and this recipe is adapted from my partner Jyothi's Blog - Pages. These muffins came out so perfect that now I am not able to wait until it cools. :-(

I would like to re-mention the nutrition information which Susan mentioned in her recipe and added my ingredients nutrition information too:

By using half Whole Wheat Flour and mostly Egg Whites, the Fat and Cholesterol in these muffins is reduced, while the Fiber is increased. Plus Antioxidant-rich Cranberries, high Potassium Bananas, high  β-carotene (metabolized into Vitamin A) Carrots and Almonds rich in Dietary Fiber and Carbohydrates make these muffins subtly sweet, tangy, colorful and of course very healthy.

Ingredients:
------------
Dry Ingredients:
-----------------
1 cup APF (All-Purpose Flour)
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar

Semi Dry Ingredients:
----------------------
1/3 cup grated Carrot
1/3 cup dried Cranberries
1/3 cup blanched Almonds
1 tsp APF (all-purpose flour for dusting)

Wet Ingredients:
-------------------
1/2 cup Honey
4 tbsp melted unsalted Butter
2 tsp pure Vanilla Extract
1 large Egg + 4 Egg Whites
2 (1 cup) very ripe Bananas (mashed with fork)
1-2 tsp 1 whole Orange Zest

Method:
---------
1. Preheat oven to 375F.





2. Mix the dry, semi dry and wet ingredients separately in  three bowls, use a hand mixer or whisk for the wet ingredients.
3. First add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat with a hand mixer until all the flour is incorporated.
4. Now using a spatula or a wooden spoon gently blend in the semi dry ingredients. The flour in the semi wet ingredients helps from sticking and also while baking they will not sink to the bottom of the muffin cup.






5. Take a mini muffin pan spray with non-stick cooking spray and spoon the muffin batter and bake it for around 13-15 mins, if using a mini muffin pan and 18-20 mins if using the normal muffin pan, or bake it until the top is golden brown or if a took pick or skewer pricked in between should come out clean.


Sending this recipe to Wednesday Blog Hop hosted by Radhika

You Might Also Like:

3 comments:

Vimitha Durai said...

The muffins look so gorgeous and I love all the flavors that u have put into it

renu's foodigest said...

hi anu... came to your blog thru the only mango event... :)the low fat thing brought me here!! looks good..

Anonymous said...

I basically found this incredible website furthermore read many
of the content pages. I absolutely just like the
style of writing and exactly how each of the texts
tend to be formatted. My Person saved your site so I can still find it better at a later date.

At this point I would like to let you know a bit about our website, that
has become very relevant for your topic. You'll see it is about maize nutrition and also its risks and advantages that it can have for the body of a human. Additionally, there are many guides which take a look at diets minus corn, which is certainly important for many people suffering from hypersensitivity. I be aware of that The design isn’t the very best, however I know that the expertise is precise and in addition adequate. I think that is usually the crucial part regarding to a internet site. One can find plenty websites that look really good, but do not have some sort of tips on it. From time to time a couple of those information is not right. This will be critical relating to nutritional associated guides. Anyways, possibly we are going to remain in interaction. I can visit your internet site often, so plz never reduce your postings. British is not totally my number one dialect, I really hope you were able to interpret my statement.
Visit my web blog Cornnutrition

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...