I saw this recipe when I was searching in the internet and found this very interesting and healthy. I did make some changes to the original recipe as I felt it was on the sweeter side. I made this for breakfast and for almost a week, we kept eating this as our daily breakfast. Even Shoj's friend at office asked about it and wanted this recipe, so that even he can save some time while going to office. This is like pick and go kinda bar...not too sweet but very healthy and filling.
3 cups fresh or frozen Strawberries
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1/4 cup Sugar
2 tbsp Cornstarch
1 1/2 cups All-Purpose flour
1 1/2 cups Quick Cooking Oats
3/4 cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Butter (room temperature)
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Confectioners Sugar or Powdered Sugar
1 tbsp Milk
1. Preheat oven to 350F. I used a toaster oven so didn't need any preheating.
2. Wash and remove the stem of the strawberries, crush it in a blender with lemon juice.
3. Add the crushed strawberries in a sauce pan and cook until tender on medium flame for about 8-12 mins.
4. In a bowl mix sugar and corn starch and add this mixture to the strawberries and keep stirring on low flame until the mixture gets thick and bubly for about 1 min. Make sure there are no lumps.
5. Off the flame and allow this mixture to cool a bit.
1. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, mix until you get a crumbly texture.
2. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the crumb mixture for the top.
1. Mix the sugar and milk with a fork and keep it aside.
Assembling and Baking:
1. Take a oven safe glass dish or any baking sheet, grease the bottom of the pan and add the crumb mixture and press down to form a even layer.
2. Now add the filling mixture over the top of the pressed crumbs and even it out.
3. Add the reserved 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture over the top evenly and bake it for about 30 to 35 mins or until the top of the crust is golden brown.
4. Allow it to cool completely.
5. Now you can drizzle with the sugar solution and I also added chocolate syrup over the top.
Note: Make sure you don't drizzle too much, as it will make the bars too sweet. I just used it to decorate for the pic. If you like it to be sweet, then you can add as much as you want. :-)
You Might Also Like: