What makes you crave for desserts/sweets?? I guess u don't have to have any reason ...he he. The day I made this dessert was like that. I was so tired and didn't wanna do anything, but just craved for something that I had no idea about. I opened the freezer and here I see this pie crust, gosh I completely forgot about it. I saw that it's going to expire soon, hmm so something I have to make, but still keep it simple and concentrate on the ingredients to add more fruits and keep it healthy as well.
I cannot do anything more to the pie crust...but add more fruits and guess what...i decided to add some nuts too. I went to check my pantry, i remembered that I have a can of strawberry pie filling, hmm looked around and found a can of pineapple slices/rings. So here you go these ingredients makes this beautiful and yummy pie in minutes. :)
1 pkg Pie Crust (thawed)
1 can Strawberry Pie filling
1 can Pineapple Slices/rings chopped to desired size
1/2 cup Almonds (Blanched and powdered coarsely)
1. Preheat oven to the desire temperature as per the package instructions.
2. Spray the bottom part of a pie pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with one sheet of the pie crust.
3. Now add the strawberry pie filling in between the pie crust, add the pineapple (without the juice), mix lightly and then sprinkle the powdered almonds.
4. Now layer the other pie crust, fold and pinch the edges gently and press with a thumb on one side and press in the opposite direction too get the wave effect.
5. Now with a knife draw slits, so that the steam comes out easily.
6. Bake it until done or until the top of the crust is golden brown.
7. Serve it hot or warm with a scoop of ice cream or whipped toppings or with some more fresh fruits.
|Mixed Berry Cake
|Oats Strawberry Bars
|Strawberry Mango Popsicle