I love all kinds of berries especially Strawberries and Blueberries. I saw these cute looking blueberries and just grabbed two boxes...when I looked into, they were smaller than I have usually seen. So I thought of making something really special and of course healthy. I made these and really felt very satisfied, it came out so good and perfect. Really liked the taste, not too sweet and I ate it even for breakfast. So here is the recipe... :)
2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 cup Brown Sugar
2 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
2 cups Oats (Quick Cooking)
2 cups fresh or frozen Blueberries (I prefer the fresh ones :))
1/2 cup slivered Almonds or Walnuts ( used almonds)
1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
2 cups Buttermilk
1/2 cup Canola Oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, ground cinnamon and salt.
3. In another bowl mix the wet ingredients, unsweetened applesauce, buttermilk and canola oil.
4. Now add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix just until blended. Make sure u don't over mix the batter.
6. Now spray a baking pan or your choice and sprinkle some flour.
7. Pour the half of the batter, spread the blueberries all over the bottom layer of batter, then pour the rest of the batter on top.
8. Sprinkle slivered almonds over the top evenly and bake it for about 50-55 mins or until the almonds are toasted and the cake top is golden brown.
You Might Also Like:
|Mixed Berry Cake|
|Blueberry and Dates Puree/Shake in a cup|
|Lazy Man's Blueberry Pineapple Crumb Cake|
|Very Berry Banana Shake|
|Mixed Berry Gratin|