My Blogs Title

MY BLOGS

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

OREO Dark Chocolate Cream Pie


Who does not Chocolate and Oreo Cookies ?? My son loves it ...and so as me sometimes. Don't you think I can say this in a better way?....here it is.....Chocolate brings out the kid in me. :)) This sounds better.... LOL. :)


From few days I had this craving in me to eat something chocolate...but was running out of ideas to try something new. Wanted to keep it simple, as this was a weekday and didn't want to end up making it and not able to eat it. It's just me that, when I crave for something, I have to eat at least a small piece and later I will not even look at it. But if I don't it keeps bugging me, until I make it. I hope I don't sound like a eating monster. I bet one who loves chocolate would understand better of what I am saying!! :))


Well ...well...lets talk about the dessert and not about me now....

I bought this pie box mix, which has it all and you just need to few ingredients or less and a hand mixer to make this ultimate dessert. Which is simply easy. I have made this same recipe from scratch, but could not wait until I took the pics. To make it from scratch, I will add a note on how to make it at home. I have made this same recipe from scratch, but could not wait until i took the pics. I know this way many of us will find this post useful to make, where you cannot get the boxed mixes. I should say that both ways (box mix and make from scratch) DOES NOT INVOLVE COOKING AT ALL. :))


I. Oreo Pie Crust:
--------------------
Box Method:
--------------
Oreo Pie crust mix
3 tbsp melted Butter

No Box Method:
------------------
24 Oreo Cookies
1/4 cup Melted Butter (Unsalted)


Method:
----------
1. In a blender crush the oreo cookies to a power. or use the pie crust mix if using the box mix.
2. Combine the oreo cookie powder and the melted butter.
3. Now spread it evenly in pie plate or any desired plate or cup in which you want to serve the pie.
4. Press it with any flat end of a glass or cup so that the bottom layer looks even and sticks together.
5. Keep it refrigerated until you get the filling ready.


II. Dark Chocolate Filling
---------------------------
Box Method:
--------------
Filling Mix
1 can Condensed Milk

1. In a mixing bowl add the chocolate filling powder and as well as condensed milk, mix in all the ingredients until it gets thick and creamy.
2. Keep it aside, don't have to keep it in fridge.

No Box Method:
-------------------
2/3 can Condensed milk
3-4 tbsp Butter
3/4 cup Dark Chocolate chips


1. In a microwave safe bowl add the condensed milk, butter and dark chocolate chips, microwave on high for about 30 secs first.
2. Stir in the chocolate chips, again microwave it for more 20 secs. mix again.
3. Microwave again for about 20 secs, until 3/4th of the chocolates melt. The time will vary for every microwave so make sure you watch while you are melting, don't over do, else the chocolate will burn.
4. Allow it to cool and it will get thicker and creamier.


III Whipped Topping:
----------------------
Box Method:
--------------
1/3 cup Condensed Milk
Whipping mix

1. In a large bowl add the whipping mix and the condensed milk and using a hand mixer blend it in medium speed until you get soft to stiff peaks or as desired.
2. You can refrigerate it.

No Box Method:
------------------
1/3 cup Condensed Milk
1 pkg Whipping Cream


1. In a large mixing bowl add the whipping cream and condensed milk, using a hand mixer blend it in medium to high speed until you get soft to stiff peaks or as desired.


ASSEMBLE:
---------------
1. The base layer is the Oreo Pie Crust, spread a layer of the Dark Chocolate filling and top it with the Whipped Topping. You can do a single layer or layer it as you desire.


You Might Also Like:
   
Chocolate Pumpkin Pie BarPineapple Strawberry Almond PieBlueberry Pie with Almond Crust

1 comment:

Nilu A said...

OMG! This looks amazing and yummy Anu..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...