I always wanted to try something different with cakes. This time I decided to make flour less cakes, this being the second one. My first experiment was a hit with Almond Honey Cake, so wanted to try now with soy flour. This cake too turned out so good and tasty. I added pineapple because Shoj likes pineapple a lot and I thought if it does not turn out good, then he would eat it at least because of pineapple.:) But he liked it!
1 1/3 cup Soy Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
1 can of Pineapple slices with Syrup (pineapple juice)
2 tsp Oil
(Note: You can substitute 2 Eggs + 2tsp Oil = 4 Egg Whites)
2 tbsp Yogurt or Soy Yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. Line baking cups or pan with parchment paper.
3. Remove the pineapple slices from the pineapple juice and cut the pineapple slices into small pieces.
(Note: You also use apples instead of pineapple, or you can also crush the apples/ pineapple in a blender - I wanted it to be chunky so did not use or crush the pineapple)
4. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder and sugar and mix well.
5. In another bowl mix the wet ingredients i.e., eggs, oil, yogurt and half of the pineapple juice from the can. Mix well and add this mixture to the flour mix and combine it with a hand mixer until well blended.
6. Now add the pineapple pieces and with a wooden spoon or spatula mix the batter gently.
7. Pour this batter into the prepared cups or pan and bake it for about 45 mins.
(Note: As there is no flour in this cake mix, we need to bake this cake in a medium oven and for longer time so that the flour will not burn and will cook properly).