Anush loves to eat chocolate, cookies and cakes. I already planned for a big Thomas and Friends Cake for his party, but wanted to bake a small one for him to cut with us as a family celebration. So I thought of making a small cake, but different. I got this idea of cookie as a cake when I was browsing to find a local bakery to fill the goody bags with cookies, they make cookie sheet cakes. So I thought why not give it a try.
I did this recipe from scratch and it turned out awesomely good...but if you don't have time and patience, you can just buy a cookie mix either as a mix from the baking mix isle or the ready made dough from the frozen section and bake it according to the package instructions but not to form small cookies but just one big cookie in a round cake pan or any desired baking pans of your choice.
Good luck with your experiment....here is my recipe...
---------------2 cups Bittersweet (or Semisweet) Chocolate Chips1/2 cup Semisweet (or Bittersweet) Chocolate Chips1/4 cup (1/2 stick) Unsalted Butter2 Eggs1/2 cup Brown Sugar1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract3/4 cup All Purpose Flour1 tsp Baking Soda1/8 tsp Salt
1. Preheat oven to 250F
2. Combine 2 cups chocolate chips with butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for first 20, remove the bowl and mix, again microwave it for more 20 secs, remove and mix, repeat this step until the chocolate is almost melted.
3. Set chocolate aside to cool for 5-10 minutes until it's warm when you insert your finger.
Cookie Cake Batter:
1. Combine eggs and brown sugar in large bowl, beat until well blended with a hand mixer.
2. Add Vanilla and room temperature chocolate add flour baking soda and salt and beat them to a batter.
3. Combine rest of the chocolate chips and fold it into the batter.
4. Let the batter rest for 10 mins.
5. Now place the whole batter into a lined round baking pan and bake it until a fork comes out clean for about 12-20 mins.
6. If you want the cookie cake to be warm and soft then keep it in a very low temperature oven. Make sure you don't decorate it with icing while it's warm or else the icing will melt.
7. I decorated the cake after it cooled down, with white butter cream icing with star tip.