My Blogs Title

MY BLOGS

Monday, July 1, 2013

Broken Wheat, Oats, Almond and Coconut Ladoo


We were planning for a surprise baby shower for one of our friends and had agreed to make some ladoos. When she got pregnant I had told her that I would make, sunnundalu (those are made out of Urad Dal/Lentil). This week I was bit running out of time and since I am not too perfect in making sunnundalu, I thought it would be a good idea to try a new recipe, but keep it healthy and nutritious.

It took me so much time to think what ingredients to put to make these ladoos. Had no idea of what or how to make. As I when I decided on add all ingredients except coconut, eventually had to add coconut as I messed up, because I learned to make these ladoos as I was making them. :) I first thought that I need not cook the oats and cracked wheat. After I toasted them and mixed with date syrup, I felt that they were hard to eat and didn't get enough flavor, so I decided to cook them first with milk and then add it to the other ingredients.

I hope everyone liked these ladoos. :) When it started to mess up I was totally tensed, if it would turn out well. But I liked it once it was done.


Note:
1. You can always add more ingredients and increase or decrease the amount of each ingredient used in this recipe, just make sure that you can make ladoos.
2. Steel cut Oats look and their texture is more like the broken wheat or cracked wheat.


Method:
---------
1. In a pan dry roast broken wheat and oats until it gets toasted for about 7-8 mins. Remove them from pan and allow them to cool.


2. In the same pan add almonds and dry roast them for about 7-8 mins until toasted. Remove it from pan and cool it separately.


3. Dry roast coconut for about 2-3 mins until it turns slightly brown. Remove and cool it separately as well.
4. Grind the broken wheat and oats to a coarse to fine powder and add it to a microwave safe bowl.


5. Mix in the milk and date syrup and cook it on microwave high for about 5 mins, making sure that you stir it occasionally.


6. Allow the cooked broken wheat and oats to cool. Meanwhile, powder almonds, and coconut separately and add it to a large mixing bowl.


7. Now add the cooked ingredients to the bowl as well and add cardamom powder and mix all the ingredients together once before adding the ghee / clarified butter.


8. Now slowly add the ghee and keep mixing to a point where you can hold a lemon size ball to make the ladoo.
9. You can enjoy these ladoos for about 2 weeks in a airtight container and store it in fridge.


You Might Also Like:
SunnundaluBroken Wheat KheerDate Apricot Coconut and Oats Ladoo

2 comments:

Nilu A said...

Wow! Yummy and healthy ladoo's Anu :-)

Amy said...

I love these healthy treats. Perfect to munch on anytime of the day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...