HAPPY VALENTINE's DAY To You ALL! :)
Today is my parents Wedding Anniversary too! I hope they live long together happily......
Happy Valentines Day! :)
Running out of time for making something special on Valentine's Day? Here is a very simple recipe for heart shaped shortbread cookies.
I came home in the evening and thought I had some free time and was wondering if I can make some cookies for Anush, but wanted to keep it simple and easy, but a heart shaped. These shortbread cookies came out so good and it was so soft and the colored sugar really brought the shape pop out and looked very pretty.
These are the easiest cookies that I have ever made.....I hope you all like it too!
1 cup Butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 cups All purpose Flour
2 tbsp or more Colored Sugar (I used pink and orange as I didn't have red)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer cream up butter, sugar and vanilla extract until the sugar is well blended.
3. Now add the flour and mix gently, it will be better if you mix with hand.
4. The dough may seem to be crumbly but, keep kneading, so that you get a soft dough.
5. Now place a cling wrap, and place the dough and shape it to a 2 diameter roll.
6. Now flatten it on one side a bit, then tilt it to other side and flatten it again a bit, so that you get a "V" shape.
7. Now remove the dough and keep it aside.
8. On the same cling wrap spread out the color sugar and then place the dough over the top of the sugar and roll the dough.
9. Now cover the dough gently with the cling wrap and press a little bit so that all the sugar sticks to the dough.
10. Now take a knife and cut the dough into slices each of 1/2" or the thickness you want.
11. Now take each slice of dough and press with a knife in the middle of the third side.
Note: Third side is the side other than the "V".
12. Now try to get the shape of the heart, else the easiest way is to roll out the dough and if you have a heart shaped cookie cutter then cut it and then roll each cookie in the sugar.
13. Now place these cookies 1/4" to 1/2" apart in a cookie sheet and bake it for about 8-12 mins.
You Might Also Like:
|Dark Chocolate Cookies
|Cinnamon Sugar Hearts
|Crunchy Orange Muffin Cookies