My Blogs Title

MY BLOGS

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Banana Carrot Oatmeal Muffin N Bread



Breakfast on weekdays sometimes sounds like a challenge to me. Most of the times I end up eating something sweet. I don't mean I eat it really sweet...but end up making pancakes, muffins, scones.....where a minimum amount of sweetness in the form of sugar is added to bring up the flavor. So since when I am making these kind of breakfast on the go's I need to substitute other ingredients with a wholesome healthy ingredients. So this muffin is one of the kind. I added almost all healthy ingredients, other than the sugar. Well even now I don't mean to say is sugar is completely bad for us...but it was under the recommended quantity, because the quantity mentioned below yields 12 muffins and I eat just one for breakfast, so this amount of sugar is not bad at all.


Wow....after writing and reading the above part of the post I feel lot better now. :) and I am happy that I incorporated ingredients like banana and oats (which I usually don't like to eat it as it is) into something healthy and would definitely make it again. :)


Note: Substitute 1/3 cup of Oil with Unsweetened Apple Sauce - I didn't have it so had to use oil instead. :(


Method:
---------
1. Preheat oven to 400F.


2. In a mixing bowl add flour, oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.


3. In another bowl mix in oil/applesauce, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, grated carrot, and mashed bananas, mix just until blended.


4. Combine dry and wet ingredients and fill greased muffin cups to make muffins or a loaf pan to make a bread.


5. Bake it for about 20 - 22 mins or until the top of the muffin/bread turns golden brown.


You Might Also Like:
Carrot Almond Honey MilkshakeNo Butter Banana Mini MuffinOats Strawberry Bar

2 comments:

Chitra said...

Looks soft and spongy too.. Healthy bake !

turmericnspice said...

Soft n spongy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...