2 1/2 cups Coconut Flour
1/4 cup Almond Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 tbsp Butter melted
2 Eggs 3 tbsp Honey
1 1/2 cup Dried Blueberries (Click here to view the recipe to make Dried Blueberries at home)
* I used homemade Coconut and Almond Flour, you can use store bought.
* Here, am explaining how to make coconut flour and almond flour at home. To make almond flour, you can use whole or blanched almonds, dry roast them in pan and then powder it in mixer/food processor. To make coconut flour, I used dried tender coconut, and directly powdered it in mixer/food processor.
* If you want to skip using coconut flour, you can do so by adding (2 1/2) almond flour instead coconut flour and just use 1 egg.
* I found that these scones were little bit on the softer side. So if you want more stiff scones, you can cut them to pieces and bake it again for few more mins. I tried both, I should say I liked both textures equally.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients; coconut flour, almond flour, salt, baking soda.
3. In a separate bowl mix honey, eggs, butter.
4. Mix dry ingredients to wet and mix just until blended.
5. Fold in the dried blueberries.
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread very little butter; which is optional.
7. Spread the scone dough into the sheet and spread to a thick round pizza shape, keeping the thickness around 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick or the desired thickness you would like your scone to be.
8. Now cut into 8-12 or more pieces, which is triangle shaped.
9. Bake them for about 20-28 mins or more until golden brown.