3-4 cups Dosa/Ildi Batter
1 cup Chana Dal
1 cup Jaggery
3/4 tsp Cardamom powder
2-3 tbsp Ghee
1. Soak the chana dal for about 3- hours and cook them in pressure cooker for two whistles with sufficient water, it should not be too mushy but just until you can see the dal and when pressure it should mash.
2. I used powdered jaggery which need not be melted and drained for any sand, so I directly used it.
3. In the same pressure cooker with dal or take a heavy bottom sauce pot, add the daal, and jaggery and cook it until the jaggery gets thick and the dal will turn color, keep stirring else it will burn in the bottom of the pot or cooker. Add the cardamom powder and mix well. This will take probably a good 20 mins or more.
4. Off the flame and allow the pooram to cool down.
5. Later make small balls or the size that will fit into the vessel you are going to fry it. I used the ponganalu vessel so I made small balls.
7. Dip each pooram ball into the dosa/idli batter and with a spoon drop it gently in each hole and repeat in all holes. If needed to coat the balls completely add more batter from top, but make sure it does not overflow.
8. Cook it for about 3-4 mins each side. Flip it with a help of wooden stick or a fork.